I just updated my awesome Sony A7C to the new V2.00 firmware and now I can livestream way easier than using the app that was previously required. Now I just have to enable livestreaming on the camera located in the Movie 4 area of the menu. At that point the camera is in USB Streaming Standby mode. Once you plug in a compatible USB-C cable to the camera and computer you will see on the computer that you have a new camera option! Oh yeah 🙂
By the way, I tested it out for over an hour livestreaming the other day if you would like to check it out here >>
My next livestream will be promoted in advance, so don’t worry about missing out. I will send out a notice in the newsletter and on social media a few days before the next one… I also have a really cool giveaway planned for the next one!
As far as the firmware update itself goes, I’m not going to lie to you guys, it was ridicules! It took me like a half hour to figure it out and I still can’t even tell you how exactly I did it. I had to go into some areas of my Mac that I have never been before! Scary deep dark shadowy areas if you know what I mean…
With that being said, if you know what you are doing with computers, I would say give it a shot and you should be fine. However, if you are not good with computers I highly recommend getting some help with the firmware update. Worst case you could send the camera to me and I can do it for you if it comes down to that…
Firmware updates for the Sony A7C are here: Mac | Windows
Benefits and Improvements
- Adds the USB Streaming function to allow connection using a USB cable to a PC for live streaming and online communication with high-quality video and audio.Note: When connecting to a device with a USB Type-C port, use a commercially available USB cable or terminal conversion adaptor.
- Makes the Eye AF feature compatible with animals when recording a movie
- Improves the operational stability of the cameraNote: Refer to the Help Guide for details on all updated functions.
Previous Benefits and Improvements
- Fixes an issue where the information displayed in the viewfinder may not appear in the correct position
- 347 MB (346 967 314 bytes)